Usually it takes 10 to 60 minutes to process a bitcoin transaction sent with the correct fee amount when sending bitcoins to your LocalBitcoins wallet. If your transaction takes longer to process, check if the fee amount is correct.
Transactions between LocalBitcoins users occur instantly.
Transactions sent from your LocalBitcoins wallet are processed with a high priority fee to ensure they are confirmed within approximately 30 minutes (within the next three blocks).
What should I do if the transaction is being processed after 60 minutes?
Most likely, your bitcoin transaction was sent with too low commission, or the bitcoin network may be overloaded, in which case transaction processing will take much longer.
Bitcoin transactions must be validated by the bitcoin network, and only then BTC can be used from the wallet to which they are sent.
To check the status of your bitcoin transaction:
- You need to know the transaction ID (TX ID) or address of the wallet to which the transfer is going (looks something like this: 1JF7RrjBzmVymz3cFeGWA7iVg3y6UXxyg) and transfer amount.
- On LocalBitcoins, you can get transaction information on your wallet’s transaction history page after you send a transaction.
- Go to Tradeblock.com.
- Enter the receiving address or Transaction IDs (TXIDs) in the Search field.
- Use the bitcoin amount to quickly find a transaction if the receiving address had multiple incoming transactions.
- Click on a transaction to see more information about it.
- Note the number of confirmations for this transaction.
If your transaction has a number of confirmations:
- Over 6 endorsements: the receiving wallet should have received the transaction. Please contact the owner of the receiving wallet if the transaction still does not appear in the receiving wallet.
- 0-6 confirmation or no confirmation: the transaction has left the sender’s wallet and is still “in transit”.
- If you can’t find the transaction: the transaction has not been sent from the sender’s wallet. Contact the owner of the sending wallet.